Athlete of the Month: Holly Bush (Cheerleading)
By Chantal Meacham Staff Writer
January Female Athlete of the Month – Holly Bush – Cheerleading
Holly is a senior on Centennial’s Varsity Cheer Squad. She has been on Varsity for all four years at Centennial. She was the only freshman on Varsity her first year. In that year, they won Conference, Sectionals, and got 5th in the state competition. They have had two competitions this season, their latest one being this past weekend. They competed in the Illini Challenge and got 1st place in large division. Holly’s greatest accomplishment in cheerleading was when she landed her standing tuck.
What is your favorite memory of the season so far?
– Stunting with Marie Jefferson
Who was your role model growing up and why?
– My brother because he is older than me and he always lived life to the fullest and didn’t care what people thought of him.
A lot of people do not think cheerleading is a sport, what would you say to them?
– I’d like to see you try and do our competitive routine and see if you can get through it.
What is the hardest thing about cheerleading?
– Trying not to get frustrated and keep moving on.
What is your favorite cheerleading move?
– The aggressive cross-arm motion.
If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
– Driven. Perfectionist. Creative.
Who is the funniest on the team?
– Ellie Davis
What is your biggest phobia?
What is your favorite food?
Who is your dream date?
– Austen Schott