This article was written with Samantha Hayek.
The end of the year is a fun time full of holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa are celebrated during this time. People have argued over which holiday is the best. Halloween and Thanksgiving are close in date and theme, which can lead to a rivalry.
Pros of Halloween:
- Haunted houses
- Scary movies
Pros of Thanksgiving:
- Pies and desserts
- Comfort Food; turkey, potatoes, etc.
- Brings families together
Cons of Halloween:
- Hyper, sugar-induced crazy kids running around
- Spending lots of money on candy, home decorations, and costumes
- Easily frightened people are at risk
Cons of Thanksgiving:
- If you do not enjoy football,
- You are on a diet,
- You live far away from your family
Halloween and Thanksgiving are greatly prized for their food. They bring people together and are times of happiness. It is safe to say that for both holidays, the pros outweigh the cons. If you are a theatrical person or a child, Halloween, and all its craziness, is the holiday for you. But if you value family time and relaxation, you will enjoy Thanksgiving more.